Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Summer Essential List

Finally! I know this post is a little late, but the long winter has thawed! We are finally in summer! here are some of my favorite summer items that I couldn't wait to break out of my closet. 

1. J.Crew Chinos: Colored shorts are actually my favorite part of summer. They are perfect and are an easy basic for everyday casual wear. I specifically recommend J.Crew because they always have an assortment of colors and have some really cool designs. I get mine from J.Crew Factory because they usually have sales and discounts which are awesome. Target also has similar ones in cool colors too. 



http://www.poorlittleitgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Screen-shot-2013-03-26-at-5.20.22-PM.png


2. The Nautical Striped Tee: Spotted, the navy and white striped tee, dress, tank, anything really. Those horizontal navy and white stripes have become a classic in almost any season, but this summer its been every where. 




3. The Maxi: By far my most favorite piece of clothing in my closet at the moment. Its the skirt you wear when you have one of those days where you just don't want to wear pants. Hopefully. I'm not the only one that feels that way. Along with the days when you really just don't want to go through shaving your legs. 



http://cdn.fashionisers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/how_to_wear_a_maxi_skirt1.jpg

4. Palazzo Pants: The evolved yoga pants have arrived. They come in all silhouettes and patterns and colors. Just like the follow maxi, they are a new form of dressed up lounge wear that are acceptable to wear in public.



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh7-mRXrXliZ6snpzcKDBf5DBAaZjFnDKonOqgcIlTcCnKKHQZ8V1NBGuZ1RPtx8xSZinYnddouME4_Jx7W9p56x3aX0AzYjj4-xFI2uNHE8aSCfzzDBsyiMP4JThH7I6Z_X0xsdEqX2wA/s1600/palazzo.jpeg


5. The Shift Dress: Starting from the famous Lily Pulitzer shift dresses, the shift dress style has made itself known again this summer. The main problem with this trend is not everyone can pull it off. Coming from a girl with a very small waist and a rather larger chest, the shift dress tends to make more of a tent effect on me than actually flatter my figure. 



http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/9/7/8/1/1321879/mustard/image1xl.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment